GENERAL LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Insurance benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from: 1. suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self- inflicted injury of You , a Traveling Companion, Family Member or Business Partner booked to travel with You, while sane or insane; 2. an act of declared or undeclared war; 3. participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service, except while participating in weekend or summer training for the reserve forces of the United States, including the National Guard; 4. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events; 5. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment); 6. participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition; 7. participating in bodily contact sports, skydiving or parachuting, hang gliding or bungee cord jumping; 8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft; 9. being Intoxicated, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless as administered or prescribed by a Legally Qualified Physician; 10. the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation; 11. normal childbirth or pregnancy (except Complications of Pregnancy) or voluntarily induced abortion; 12. dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided); 13. amounts which exceed the Maximum Benefit Amount for each coverage as shown in the Schedule of Benefits; 14. due to a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the Policy. The Pre-Existing Condition Limitation does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation or return of remains coverage; 15. medical treatment during or arising from a Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment; 16. a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the Policy is in effect for You; 17. due to loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act and regardless of any other sequence thereto.
The following limitation applies to Trip Cancellation: All cancellations must be reported directly to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel, unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible. If the cancellation is not reported within the specified 72 hour period, the Company will not pay for additional charges, which would not have, been incurred had You notified the Travel Supplier in the specified period. If the event prevents You from reporting the cancellation, the 72-hour notice requirement does not apply; however, You must, if requested, provide proof that said event prevented him or her from reporting the cancellation within the specified period.
Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects: Benefits are not payable for any loss caused by or resulting from: breakage of brittle or fragile articles; wear and tear or gradual deterioration; confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule; theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked or unattended vehicle; property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported; Your negligent acts or omissions; or property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date; or electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.
Purchase up to final Trip Payment for Pre-Existing Condition Waiver!
The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if the protection plan is purchased before final trip payment for the trip, for the full non-refundable cost of the trip and the booking for the covered trip is the first and only booking for this travel period and you are not disabled from travel at the time you pay the premium
This document contains highlights of the plan. The Plan contains insurance benefits underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company. Fairmont Specialty and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance Company. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best Company 2015. The Plan also contains non insurance Travel Assistance Services that are provided by an independent organization, OnCall International, and not by United States Fire Insurance Company or Travel Insured International. Review the Plan Document for complete terms, including benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply. The Plan Document will be provided to you by your travel supplier upon purchase of the plan. Coverages may vary and not all coverage is available in all jurisdictions.
DETAILS OF COVERAGE
Insurance benefits will be paid up to the Maximum Benefit Amount purchased to cover you for the Published Penalties and unused, non-refundable prepaid expenses for Travel Arrangements when You are prevented from taking or completing Your Covered Trip due to:
- Your or a Family Member’s or a Traveling Companion’s or a Business Partner’s death, which occurs before departure on Your Trip;
- Your or a Family Member’s or a Traveling Companion’s or a Business Partner’s covered Sickness or Injury, which: a) occurs before departure on Your Trip, b) requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation resulting in medically imposed restrictions, as certified by a Legally Qualified Physician, and c) and prevents Your participation in the Trip;
- You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury (notice of jury duty must be received after Your Effective Date), served with a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party (except law enforcement officers);
- Your or Your Traveling Companion’s primary place of residence or destination being rendered uninhabitable by fire, flood, burglary or other Natural Disaster. The Company will only pay benefits for Losses occurring within 30 calendar days after the Natural Disaster makes your destination accommodations uninhabitable. Your destination is uninhabitable if: the building structure itself is unstable and there is a risk of collapse in whole or in part; (ii) there is exterior or structural damage allowing elemental intrusion, such as rain, wind, hail, or flood; (iii) immediate safety hazards have yet to be cleared such as debris on roofs or downed electrical lines; or (iv) the rental property is without electricity or water. Benefits are not payable if a storm, snow storm, blizzard or hurricane is named on or before the Effective Date of Your Trip Cancellation coverage;
- a documented theft of passports or visas
- You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident, substantiated by a police report, while en route to Your scheduled point of departure;
- Bankruptcy or Default of an airline, cruise line, tour operator or other travel provider (other than the Travel Supplier, tour operator or travel agency, from whom You purchased Your Travel Arrangements causing a complete cessation of travel services more than 14 days following Your Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended destination. This benefit only applies if the Certificate has been purchased within 14 days of the date Your initial deposit/payment for Your Trip is received; and You insure the full cost of Your Trip subject to penalties or restrictions;
- unannounced Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least 18 consecutive hours of the Common Carrier on which You are scheduled to travel;
- Inclement Weather that causes complete cessation of services for at least 18 consecutive hours of the Common Carrier on which You are scheduled to travel;
- felonious assault of You or Your Traveling Companion within 10 days of the Scheduled Departure Date;
- You or Your Traveling Companion is in the military and called to emergency duty for a national disaster other than war;
- involuntary employer termination or layoff affecting You or a Traveling Companion. Employment must have been with the same employer for at least 1 continuous year;
- a Terrorist Incident that occurs within 30 days of Your Scheduled Departure Date in a city listed on the itinerary of Your Trip. This same city must not have experienced a Terrorist Incident within the 90 days prior to the Terrorist Incident that is causing Your cancellation of Your Trip. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary;
- Your family or friends living abroad with whom You were planning to stay are unable to provide accommodations due to life threatening illness, life threatening injury or death of one of them;
- Your normal pregnancy or attending the childbirth of Your Family Member. The pregnancy must occur after the Plan Effective Date and be verified by medical records;
- the primary or secondary school that You, Your Family Member or Traveling Companion attends continues classes beyond the predefined school year, due to unforeseeable events which: 1) occur after Your Effective Date for Trip Cancellation; and 2) cause the classes to extend beyond the Scheduled Departure Date of Your Trip. Extensions due to extra-curricular or athletic events are not covered;
- Mandatory evacuation ordered by local government authorities at Your Trip Destination (or official public evacuation notices or recommendations without a mandatory evacuation order issued) due to adverse weather or Natural Disaster;
- A transfer of You or Your Traveling Companion by the employer by whom You or Your Traveling Companion are employed on Your Effective Date which requires their principal residence to be relocated;
- You, Your Traveling Companion or a Family Member traveling with You is required to work during the Trip. A written statement by an unrelated company official and/or the human resources department demonstrating revocation of previously approved time off will be required;
- You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member traveling with You are directly involved in the merger of Your employer or the acquisition of Your employer by another company. You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member cannot be a company owner or partner;
- Your or Your Traveling Companion’s place of employment is rendered unsuitable for business due to fire, flood, burglary or other Natural Disaster and You and/or Your Traveling Companion are required to work as a result.
All cancellations must be reported directly to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel, unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible.
Trip Delay: The Insurer will reimburse You for covered expenses on a one time basis, up to the maximum shown in the Schedule of insurance and other coverages, if You are delayed en route to or from the Covered Trip for 6 or more hours due to a covered reason.
Baggage/Personal Effects: The Insurer will reimburse You up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of insurance and other coverages for loss, theft, or damage to Baggage and Personal Effects. The Insurer will pay the lesser of the following: Actual Cash Value at the time of the loss, less depreciation as determined by the Insurer, or the cost of repair or replacement.
Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense: The Insurer will pay benefits up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of insurance and other coverages, if You incur Covered Medical Expenses for Emergency Medical Treatment as a result of an Accidental Injury which occurs on the Covered Trip or a Sickness which first manifests itself during the Covered Trip.
Emergency Medical Evacuation: The Insurer will pay, subject to the limitations set out herein, up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of insurance and other coverages, for Covered Emergency Evacuation Expenses reasonably incurred if the Insured suffers an Injury or Emergency Sickness that warrants the Insured’s Emergency Evacuation while on a Trip.
Cancel For Any Reason Protection: Optional Coverage applies only when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid. CFAR must be purchased at the time of plan purchase and within 14 days of your initial trip deposit. If You purchase the Cancel For Any Reason protection and You cancel Your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this plan, the Insurer will reimburse You for up to 75% of the prepaid, forfeited, non-refundable payments or deposits You paid for Your Trip provided You cancel Your Trip more than 48 hours prior to your Scheduled Departure Date. This benefit is not available to residents of New York State.
WEIGHT WATCHERS and SmartPoints are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International,Inc.
Be sure to include the full amount of your prepaid and nonrefundable travel arrangements. Non-prepaid and refundable items are not covered.
To Purchase A Plan, Please Follow These 3 Easy Steps:
- Calculate all travel costs (cruise, air travel, hotel stay, etc) for each traveler in your party separately.
- See the "Plan Cost Per Person Chart" for the rate to insure the full value of the trip
- Click the PURCHASE HERE button below.
For July 20-27, 2019 sail:
When purchasing more than one policy please allow at least 5 minutes in between purchases.
*Residents of NEW YORK State are ineligible to purchase CFAR
Travel Insured International®